A new and improved method for creating stenciled spray paint effects in Photoshop! In this video, we’ll check out an action that will give you a random spray effect for text, vector art, shape layers and more.
Quick steps to get the action up and running:
1) Double click on the zip file, then move the SprayMap.psd file to your desired location.
2) Drag the Texturelabs_SprayAnything.atn file into Photoshop.
3) Create a temp throwaway layer.
4) In your Actions Panel, open the details of the Spray Anything action.
5) Double click on the first item - “Open”.
6) Point Photoshop to the SprayMap.psd file.
7) Close the SprayMap.psd file.
8) In the action details, scroll down about halfway to the Displace step of the action.
9) Double click on each instance of Displace - used six times.
10) Leave all values as they appear, click OK, then point Photoshop to the SprayMap.psd file.
11) Optional - double click on the Action and assign a keyboard shortcut.
12) All set! Apply the action to any layer.